This article describes the process for mounting a restore of an external NAS share protected by the NAS Guard feature.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
To restore a snapshot of an external NAS share, perform the following steps.
1. Access your Datto appliance's GUI.
2. Navigate to the Restore tab. You will see the Restore from a Backup screen shown in Figure 1.
3. External shares will be listed as External NAS systems. Select the NAS share that you would like to restore.
4. Choose a recovery type. The available options are:
- File Restore: This option allows you to mount the selected recovery point as a LAN-accessible Windows Samba share and as a web-accessible share. File permissions are not preserved. All users with access to the share will have access to its entire file structure. See the Performing a Local File Restore article for more information.
- File Restore with NTFS Permissions: If you chose to back up the NAS share with NTFS permissions intact, this option will be available. The contents of the selected recovery point will be shared over your network as an iSCSI target. All files and folders in the recovery point will restore with the ACL attributes they had at the time the snapshot was taken. See the Performing an iSCSI File Restore article for more information.