This article describes how to add a Datto Networking Router to the Datto Networking Portal.
- Datto Router
You can add any Datto managed router by entering the MAC address of the router into the Datto Networking Portal. The Datto Networking App or the Partner Portal can be used to add a router as well.
1. Navigate to a device web session for your network or existing device.
2. Click the Manage dropdown, then click Routers, as seen in Figure 1.
3. Click Add Router.
Adding a single router
The following steps will guide you on adding a single router:
1. Enter the Name, MAC Address, and a brief Description for your router as seen in Figure 3. The router name can only contain letters, numbers and dashes; it must begin with a letter and cannot end with a dash.
2. Click Add.
Bulk adding routers
You also have the option to bulk add multiple routers. The following steps will guide you on adding multiple routers using a CSV file:
1. Create a CSV file. This should contain three columns:
- MAC: This column is for entering the MAC address of each router.
- Model: This column is for entering the model of each router.
- Name: This column is for entering the name of each router.
A sample CSV file containing the three columns described above can be generated from the Add Router page by clicking Download sample CSV.
2. Click Browse to upload your CSV file, as seen in Figure 4.
3. Click Bulk Add.