When you try to install the Datto Linux Agent on a machine running SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 with the following command: "curl -sS https://cpkg.datto.com/getLinuxAgent.txt | sudo bash", you get the following error: "The development packages for the running kernel are not installed Correct the issue and try again"
- Datto ALTO
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto Linux Agent
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 15
The OS on the protected machine is unable to locate the kernel-syms package.
When trying to install the Datto Linux agent, the Curl command fails as in Figure 1. Attempting to activate the DevelopmentTools module fails with Figure 2.
1. Make sure the Desktop Applications and DevelopmentTools modules are available. From the command line on the protected machine, run:
2. Install the Desktop Applications module. Run the following command and ensure successful registration:
SUSEConnect -p sle-module-desktop-applications/15/x86_64
3. Install the DevelopmentTools module. Run the following command:
SUSEConnect -p sle-module-development-tools/15/x86_64
4. Install the kernel-syms package. Run the following command:
zypper install kernel-syms
5. Reattempt the Datto Linux Agent agent installation. If problems persist, contact Datto Technical Support.