This article explains how to restore downed production machines as virtual machines by using Recovery Launchpad 2.0.
- Datto ALTO
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto Partner Portal
- Recovery Launchpad 2.0
Accessing Recovery Launchpad 2.0
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Status tab, then select BCDR Status from the drop-down menu.
2. In the section for the device you are virtualizing, click the ellipsis icon on the far right-hand side of the screen, then click Recovery Launchpad from the drop-down menu.
Performing cloud virtualization
1. Click START VIRTUALIZATION under the Virtualization restore option.
2. On the Virtualization card, check the box next to the name of the machine you wish to restore.
3. Click the date under the Choose Recovery Point column to select a recovery point. The latest recovery point will display by default.
4. After you select the agent and recovery point, the Virtualization card will expand to include CPU, RAM, and Network options. Enter the following information:
- CPU: Enter the number of CPU cores to allocate to the restore.
- RAM: Enter the amount of system RAM to assign to the restore.
5. Click the drop-down menu under the Network field, then select an existing network.
6. Click Advanced Options to change the virtualization storage controller and NIC, if necessary.
7. When finished, click the Create VM button at the bottom of the screen.
8. Click the VNC icon to access the virtual machine. Make sure the machine is booted.
The Recovery Launchpad will create and boot a virtual machine from the selected recovery point. When the boot process completes, you can log into the VM and work from it as you would on your production machine.
A. Click the VNC icon to access the VM at the login screen.
B. Click the Power icon to either power on or power off your VM. It's important to remember that this feature is a forced power-off.
C. Click the pencil icon to configure settings for the VM.
D. Click the wastebasket icon to delete the VM.
NOTE: You can mirror the Ctrl+Alt+Del command to the virtualization by clicking VM Controls at the top right of the screen, and then clicking Send Ctrl+Alt+Del in the drop-down menu.