This article describes how to configure and implement Quality of Service (QoS) using Datto routers.
- Datto Routers
Quality of service (QoS) allows operators to prioritize application traffic to ensure latency affected data, such as VoIP, and video conferencing, is uninterrupted in a congested network. You can define priorities to different traffic types handled by your router, and then define their max bandwidth share based on percentage.
1. Navigate to a device web session for your router.
2. Click the Manage dropdown, then click Routers, as shown in Figure 1.
3. Click the router you wish to configure.
4. Click QoS, as shown in Figure 1.
The following settings are available when configuring Quality of Service:
Using Traffic Shaping, you can use the Bandwidth Speed dropdown to select the router uses the Negotiated Link Speed as advertised by other devices, or you can input Custom downstream and upstream values in Mbps, as shown in Figure 2.
To configure QoS, follow the steps below:
1. For each traffic type available, use the Priority dropdown to select one of the following priorities, as shown in Figure 3:
2. Enter what percentage of traffic is allocated bandwidth based on its priority using the Max Bandwidth Share fields, as shown in Figure 4:
For example, selecting that voice is defined as high priority priority, then stating that high priority traffic is sharing 60% of available bandwidth.
3. Click Save Router Settings to save all modified settings.