This article describes how to configure custom traffic policies for your Datto router.
- Datto Routers
Custom Traffic Policies allow you to define rules that allow or block incoming and outgoing traffic based on its port, IP address, or both of these parameters.
1. Navigate to a device web session for your router.
2. Click the Manage dropdown, then click Routers.
3. Click Firewall.
To configure and add a custom traffic policy, follow the steps below:
- Policy Name: Enter a policy name.
- Action: Select whether the rule will allow or block traffic matching the parameters defined.
- Protocol: Select what protocol type the rule will use: TCP, UDP, or All.
- Source IP: Select what incoming IP address the rule will use. The rule will either process all incoming traffic, or you can enter an IP address, or an IP scheme using CIDR notation.
- Incoming Port: Enter the incoming port the rule will use. This applies only to incoming traffic.
- Destination IP: Select what outgoing IP address the rule will use. The rule will either process all outgoing traffic, or you can enter an IP address, or an IP scheme using CIDR notation.
- Destination Port: Enter the outgoing port the rule will use. This applies only to outgoing traffic.
- Add/Remove: Click Add to add the rule. Click Remove to remove an existing rule.
- Click Save Router Settings.