This article describes how to configure custom traffic policies for your Datto router.
- Datto Routers
Custom Traffic Policies allow you to define rules that allow or block incoming and outgoing traffic based on its port, IP address, or both of these parameters.
1. Navigate to a device web session for your router.
2. Click the Manage dropdown, then click Routers.
3. Click Firewall.
To configure and add a custom traffic policy, follow the steps below:
- Policy Name: Enter a policy name.
- Action: Select whether the rule will allow or block traffic matching the parameters defined.
- Protocol: Select what protocol type the rule will use: TCP, UDP, or All.
- Source IP: This is the incoming IP address the rule will use. You can set the rule to process all incoming traffic, an individual IP address, or an IP scheme using CIDR notation.
- Incoming Port: Enter the incoming port the rule will use.
- Destination IP: This is the outgoing IP address the rule will use. You can set the rule to process all incoming traffic, an individual IP address, or an IP scheme using CIDR notation.
- Destination Port: Enter the outgoing port the rule will use. This applies only to outgoing traffic.
- Add/Remove: Click Add to add the rule. Click Remove to remove an existing rule.
- Click Save Router Settings.
Reordering Custom Traffic Policies on the Datto D200
Beginning with the 2019-02-25 Datto Networking Portal release, you can re-order Custom Traffic Policies for Datto D200 routers in the Datto Networking Portal UI. The device will then enforce policies in the new order.
1. In the Datto Networking Portal, select the router, then click Firewall.
2. In the Custom Traffic Policies table, drag and drop the policies into their desired order, then click the Save Router Settings button.
The router will now enforce the policies in the new order.
Figure 5: Reordered Custom Traffic Policies table (click to enlarge)