How do I start a new backup chain for a system already protected by the Datto Direct to Cloud agent?
- Datto Direct to Cloud
To break the backup chain for an existing Direct to Cloud agent and start over, perform the following steps:
1. Stop the Datto Direct to Cloud Logging, Datto Direct to Cloud Service, and DattoProvider services.
2. Delete the contents of the following directory:
3. Restart the Datto Direct to Cloud Logging, Datto Direct to Cloud Service, and DattoProvider services.
4. Right-click the Direct to Cloud icon in the Windows Notification Center, and then click Open DTC registration page, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Open DTC registration page
5. Follow the prompts to re-register your backup agent. You will receive a new agent short code. A new backup chain for the protected system will begin.
NOTE: The previous backup chain will remain in the cloud in an orphaned state. To remove the old chain, contact Datto Technical Support for assistance.