This article describes how to configure LAN Settings for a Datto router.
- Datto Routers
Datto routers allow for one configurable LAN per port. All ports can operate on the same LAN, or across multiple unique and segmented LAN instances.
1. Navigate to a device web session for your router.
2. Click the Manage dropdown, then click Routers.
3. Click LAN Settings.
The Router LAN settings page contains a table displaying all LANs associated with a router. The table contains the following information about the router's LANs:
- Name: Displays the name of a LAN
- Assigned LAN port(s): Displays what ports are assigned and using a LAN
- Actions: Clicking the gear icon will display a prompt to delete a LAN
Adding a LAN
To add a LAN configuration, follow the steps below:
1. Click the Add LAN button, as shown in Figure 2.
2. Assign a port to a LAN by selecting the checkbox next to the port number. If a port is assigned to another LAN, it must be unassigned prior.
3. Gateway IP: Enter a gateway IP address.
4. Subnet Mask: Enter a subnet mask.
5. DHCP: Select the Enable DHCP checkbox to enable and configure DHCP:
Enter IP addresses for a DHCP pool start and end. A DHCP pool requires a start IP address when configuring both a DHCP pool end & a DHCP lease time.
Enter a DHCP lease time. A DHCP lease time minimum is 5 minutes, maximum is 10080 minutes (7 days).
6. Advanced DHCP Options: Select the Advanced DHCP Options checkbox to enable and configure the following options:
- Option 66 (TFTP Server): Enter a TFTP server IP address, or a URL up to 250 characters.
DHCP Reservations allow you to reserve IP addresses in a DHCP pool for specific devices. This ensures that only that device will have that IP address, and will not be assigned to another. To add a DHCP reservation, follow the steps below:
1. MAC: Enter the MAC address of a device.
2. Device Name: Enter the name of a device.
3. IP: Enter an IP address that is part of a configured DHCP pool, and that you would like reserved for a device.
4. Add/Remove: Click Add to add the rule. Click Remove to remove an existing rule.