This article describes how to configure LAN Settings for a Datto Router.
- Datto Network Manager
Datto routers allow for one configurable LAN per port. All ports can operate on the same LAN, or across multiple unique and segmented LAN instances.
In Datto Network Manager's Navigation menu, click Routers, then select LAN Settings from the expanded options.
The Router LAN settings page contains a table displaying all LANs associated with a router. The table includes the following information about the router's LANs:
- Name: Shows the name of a LAN
- Assigned LAN port(s): Displays what ports are assigned and using a LAN
- Actions: Click the ellipsis icon to delete a LAN
Adding a LAN
To add a LAN configuration, follow the steps below:
1. Click the Add LAN button.
2. Assign a port to the LAN by selecting the checkbox next to the port number. If a port is assigned to another LAN, you must unassign it first.
Figure 3: Assigning ports to a new LAN (click to enlarge)
3. Under IP Settings, enter the IP addresses for the LAN's gateway and subnet mask.
4. Select the Enable DHCP checkbox to enable and configure DHCP:
Enter IP addresses for a DHCP pool start and end. A DHCP pool requires a start IP address when setting both a DHCP pool end & a DHCP lease time.
The DHCP lease time is the amount of time (in minutes) a device can use a DHCP-supplied address on the network. Enter a DHCP lease time with a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of 10080 minutes (7 days).
5. Advanced DHCP Options: Select the Advanced DHCP Options checkbox to enable and configure the following options:
- Option 66 (TFTP Server): Enter a TFTP server IP address, or a URL up to 250 characters.
DHCP Reservations let you reserve IP addresses in a DHCP pool for specific devices, ensuring that:
- only the intended device will have that IP address.
- another device will not receive that address.
To add a DHCP reservation:
- MAC: Enter the device's MAC address.
- Device Name: Enter the device's name.
- IP: Enter an IP address that is part of a configured DHCP pool, and that you would like reserved for the device.
- Add/Remove: Click Add to add the rule. Click Remove to remove an existing rule.