This article provides initial setup instructions for the Datto MP10.Use this article to connect your MP10 to your WiFi network by using the Datto Networking App or by adding it directly through your WiFi-enabled device.
- Datto MP10 (Datto Managed Power)
The MP10 provides one fully-managed and monitored power port. You can deploy the MP10 in setups where a critical appliance, such as a networking router or modem, requires power management.
Connecting the MP10 to a WiFi network
You need a mobile or wireless-enabled device to connect the MP10 to a WiFi network. You can connect using the Datto Networking App, or by using your WiFi-enabled device to connect to the MP10 directly. You can also connect the MP10 through Datto Network Manager.
Using the Datto Networking App
The Datto Networking App automatically detects unconfigured MP10s within the range of its wireless broadcast. To add the MP10 to a network, and then configure it to use a WiFi network, follow the steps in the Adding a Datto MP10 section of the Datto Networking App: Adding a Device article.
Using a mobile or WiFi-enabled device
1. Hold down the power button on an unplugged MP10, then plug it into a power source.
2. Navigate to the WiFi settings for your WiFi-enabled computer, smartphone, or tablet that is in range, and select the MAC address of the MP10. If the MAC is missing, unplug the MP10, wait ten seconds, then retry Step 1.
3. Open a web browser on your device. The web browser session should redirect you to the MP10 WiFiManager.
4. Select Configure WiFi to scan for wireless networks broadcasting within range of the MP10, and to enter any necessary credentials, as seen in Figure 3.
You can also select Configure WiFi (no scan) to manually enter both the SSID and password of the WiFi network.
5. Select Save. The MP10 will attempt to connect to the wireless network. A success page will display if the MP10 successfully connected to the internet.
Solving connection issues
If the browser on your device does not automatically redirect you to the management page, try to access the management page directly by navigating to http://192.168.4.1 in your web browser. If you cannot access the page by pressing the link, hold the MP10's power button down for ten seconds and try again. If issues continue, contact Datto Networking Support.
Resetting WiFi settings
To reset the MP10's configured WiFi settings, hold down the power button on a plugged-in MP10 for at least ten seconds. Verify that the Datto Networking App shows that the MP10 is unconfigured, or look for the MP10's MAC address in your WiFi-enabled device's WiFi settings.
To add the device to a network in Datto Network Manager:
Q: Can the MP10 act as an access point?
A: No. While the MP10 uses Datto's mesh technology to go online, it cannot act as an access point.
Q: What is the function of the power button on the device?
A: The power button turns the port on or off, and to reset configured WiFi settings. When the toggle button disables the port, or when an overdraw event causes the port to power down, only re-cycling the toggle button, or manually re-enabling the port in the portal will re-enable it.
Q: Can I use the MP10 as a surge protector?
A: The MP10 is not intended to be a surge protector.
Q: Can the MP10 be configured with SNMP?
A: No, there is no SNMP on the MP10.