This article provides initial setup instructions for the Datto MP10.
- Datto MP10 (Datto Managed Power)
The MP10 provides one fully-managed and monitored power port, and can be deployed in setups where a critical appliance requires power management, such as a networking router or modem.
Connecting the MP10 to a WiFi network
Using the Datto Networking App
The Datto Networking App can automatically detect an unconfigured MP10 within range of its wireless broadcast. To add the MP10 to a network, and then configure it to use a WiFi network, follow the steps in the Adding a Datto MP10 section of the Datto Networking App: Adding a Device article.
Using your mobile device
You can also use your mobile device to configure the MP10's WiFi settings by following the steps below:
1. Hold down the power button on an unplugged MP10, then plug it into a powered source, as seen in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Plugging in the MP10
2. Navigate to your mobile device's WiFi settings, and look for the MAC address of the MP10. Select it if available. If it is missing, unplug the MP10, wait ten seconds, then retry Step 1.
3. Open a web browser on your mobile device. The web browser session should redirect you to the MP10 WiFiManager, as seen in Figure 2.
Figure 2: WiFi Manager
4. Select Configure WiFi to scan for wireless networks broadcasting within range of the MP10, and to enter any necessary credentials, as seen in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Adding a WiFi network
You can also select Configure WiFi (no scan) to manually enter both the SSID and password of the WiFi network.
5. Select Save. The MP10 will attempt to connect to the wireless network. A success page will display if the MP10 connected to the internet successfully. If not, retry Step 4.
Resetting WiFi settings
To reset the MP10's configured WiFi settings, hold down the power button on a plugged-in MP10 for at least ten seconds. Verify that Datto Networking App prompts that the MP10 is unconfigured, or look for the MP10's MAC address in your mobile device's WiFi settings.
If you did not use the Datto Networking App, or if the MP10 has not been added a network, you will need to add the device to a network in the Datto Networking Portal:
Q: Can the MP10 act as an access point?
A: No. While the MP10 uses Datto's mesh technology to go online, it cannot act as an access point.
Q: What is the function of the power button on the device?
A: The power button turns the port on or off, and to reset configured WiFi settings. When the toggle button disables the port, or when an overdraw event causes the port to power down, only re-cycling the toggle button, or manually re-enabling the port in the portal will re-enable it.
Q: Can I use the MP10 as a surge protector?
A: The MP10 should not be used primarily as a surge protector.
Q: Can the MP10 be configured with SNMP?
A: No, There is no SNMP on the MP10.