When attempting to perform a Cloud Continuity for PCs Rapid Rollback of a protected system, you receive the error message "Rapid Rollback encountered an error. (Code 9999)."
- Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs
- Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs Rapid Rollback
- Rapid Rollback was unable to write required attributes to one or more files identified for restore to the target hardware
- Rapid Rollback was unable to copy one or more files identified for restore to the target hardware
- A problem occurred while accessing the backup data on the server
If the Cloud Continuity Rapid Rollback process fails to complete successfully, you will see the page shown in Figure 1.
The target machine may still be bootable with some amount of data change written to it.
Remove the Datto Utilities stick from the target hardware, and check the bootability of the production machine. If the protected machine boots, verify whether or not the files you were attempting to restore are present.
If you determine that you need to rerun the rollback, perform the following steps:
1. Ensure that the target hardware meets the requirements listed in Cloud Continuity for PCs: Rapid Rollback - Getting Started.
2. Ensure that the network environment meets the requirements listed in Datto Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Networking & Bandwidth Requirements.
3. Ensure that you have selected a compatible restore point. Attempt the rollback again.
If you find no issues, or if you corrected issues and the rollback continues to fail, boot the target hardware into the Datto Utilities environment, and contact Datto Technical Support for further assistance.