This article describes how to configure the VLAN settings for a Datto router.
- Datto Routers
A Virtual LAN (VLAN) is a Layer 2 configuration that groups together devices to behave as if they were on the same LAN. You can use the VLAN Settings to specify that a port receives traffic tagged with a specific VLAN ID, and configure how that traffic is distributed in your network.
1. Navigate to a device web session for your router.
2. Click the Manage dropdown, then click Routers.
3. Click VLAN Settings.
The Router VLAN settings page contains a table displaying all VLANs associated with a router. The table contains the following information about the router's VLANs:
- Name: Displays the name of a VLAN.
- Assigned LAN port(s): Displays what ports are assigned and using a VLAN.
- Actions: Clicking the gear icon will display a prompt to delete a VLAN.
Adding a VLAN
To add a LAN configuration, follow the steps below:
1. Click the Add VLAN button, as shown in Figure 2.
2. VLAN ID: Enter a VLAN ID. If previously tagged traffic matches this ID, the port will accept it. Valid VLAN IDs are integers between 2 and 4094; IDs 991 through 994 are permanently reserved for Datto Networking operations.
3. Assign a port to a LAN by selecting the checkbox next to the port number. If a port is assigned to another LAN, it must be unassigned prior.
4. Gateway IP: Enter a gateway IP address.
5. Subnet Mask: Enter a subnet mask.
6. DHCP: Select the Enable DHCP checkbox to enable and configure DHCP:
- Enter IP addresses for a DHCP pool start and end. A DHCP pool start IP address is required when DHCP pool end & DHCP lease time are configured.
- Enter a DHCP lease time. A DHCP lease time minimum is 5 minutes, maximum is 10080 minutes (7 days); one is required when DHCP pool start & DHCP pool end are configured.
7. Advanced DHCP Options: Select the Advanced DHCP Options checkbox to enable and configure the following options:
DHCP Reservations allow you to reserve IP addresses in a DHCP pool for specific devices. This ensures that only that device will have that IP address, and will not be assigned to another. To add a DHCP reservation, follow the steps below:
1. MAC: Enter the MAC address of a device.
2. Device Name: Enter the name of a device.
3. IP: Enter an IP address that is part of a configured DHCP pool, and that you would like reserved for a device.
4. Add/Remove: Click Add to add the rule. Click Remove to remove an existing rule.