This article describes the procedure for performing a Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs Rapid Rollback.
- Datto Utilities
- Datto Cloud Continuity for PCs: Rapid Rollback
This article assumes that you have already booted the target machine into the Datto Utilities environment and have selected the Rapid Rollback option. If you have not already done this, see the Booting a Target Machine with Datto Utilities article.
Define the Environment
1. Before you can begin the rollback, you will need to tell the environment whether you are restoring to the same system from which the backup originated or to a different system.
- If you are restoring to the same hardware, proceed to the Restoring to the Same System section of this article.
- If you are restoring to different hardware, proceed to the Restoring to a Different System of this article.
Restoring to the Same System
1. Make sure the box is unchecked
2. To perform a rollback, you will need to log into the Datto Partner Portal from the Rapid Rollback environment. Click the Login button shown in Figure 1 to proceed.
3. Proceed to the Access the Partner Portal section of this article.
Restoring to a Different System
Prerequisites and Procedure
1. Verify that the following prerequisites are met before moving forward:
- The same version of Windows on both systems.
- The same partition scheme on both systems (MBR → MBR; GPT → GPT).
2. Make sure you are aware of the following before moving forward:
- To perform a rollback, you will need to log into the Datto Partner Portal from the Rapid Rollback environment.
- Only select Restore to a different system (enables HIR) if you are restoring to a new device.
- If you check the checkbox Restore to a different system (enables HIR), Rapid Rollback will automatically detect if you're on the same or a different system. You must run HIR if you decide to restore to a different device as it ensures that the system can boot properly.
- All files contained in the snapshot which do not exist on the target, or which differ from those on the target, will be restored.
- HIR configures the EFI/NTFS boot volumes so that the device knows to boot properly.
3. Check the Restore to a different system (enables HIR) box, and then click the Login button shown in Figure 2 to proceed.
4. Proceed to Access the Partner Portal section of this article to continue.
Access the Partner Portal
1. The Log In prompt shown in Figure 3 will appear in a new browser tab. Enter the credentials of an administrator with access to the reseller account containing your backups. Then, click Log In.
Figure 3: Datto Partner Portal login
2. Select the client whose protected machine you would like to restore. Click Next to continue.
3. Select the Protected Machine to restore from the list of available backed-up machines.
- You must select the backup data for the target machine you are restoring; you cannot restore the target machine with data from a different system.
4. Click Next.
5. Select the date (Timestamp) that you want to restore the target machine to, and then click Next.
6. Review and confirm your restore configuration. Then, click START RESTORE.
7. When prompted (Figure 8), enter ROLLBACK in the confirmation box, and click Confirm.
8. The rollback will run, restoring the target machine. As each volume completes, its completion status will report, as shown in Figure 11. The restoration may take some time to complete; during this process, do not remove the Datto Utilities USB drive or reboot the production machine.
The rollback will first initialize (Figure 9) and then start transferring the data (Figure 10).
9. Once the rollback completes, you will see the completion prompt shown in Figure 11. Remove the Datto Utilities USB drive from the target machine, and click Finish and Reboot. The target hardware will reboot in its restored state.