This article describes the procedure for performing a Direct to Cloud (DTC) Rapid Rollback.
- Datto Utilities
- DTC Rapid Rollback
This article assumes that you have already booted the target machine into the Datto Utilities environment and have selected the Direct to Cloud option. If you have not already done this, see the Booting a Target Machine with Datto Utilities article.
1. To perform a rollback, you will need to log into the Datto Partner Portal from the Rapid Rollback environment. Click the Login button shown in Figure 1 to proceed.
2. The Log In prompt shown in Figure 2 will appear in a new browser tab. Enter the credentials of an administrator with access to the reseller account containing your backups. Then, click Log In.
Figure 2: Datto Partner Portal login
3. Select the client whose protected machine you would like to restore. Click Next to continue.
4. Select the Protected Machine to restore from the list of available backed up machines. You must select the backup data for the target machine you are restoring; you cannot restore the target machine with data from a different system. Click Next.
4. Select the date that you want to restore the target machine to, and then click Next.
5. Review and confirm your restore configuration. Then, click ROLLBACK.
When prompted, enter ROLLBACK in the confirmation box, and click Confirm.
Figure 7: Confirm
7. The rollback will run, restoring the target machine. As each volume is completed, its completion status will be reported, as shown in Figure 8. The restoration may take some time to complete; during this process, do not remove the Datto Utilities USB drive or reboot the production machine.
8. Once the rollback completes, you will see the completion prompt shown in Figure 9. Remove the Datto Utilities USB drive from the target machine, and click Finish and Reboot. The target hardware will reboot in its restored state.