This article describes how to add network and network groups using the Datto Networking Portal.
- Datto Networking
The Datto Networking Portal manages all devices in networks and network groups. These networks assist in organizing your fleet, and allow for multiple devices to share the same settings. Shared settings allow you to apply a device configuration, such as an update window schedule or SSID settings, to multiple devices in your fleet.
1. Navigate to https://networking.datto.com.
2. Click the Status drop-drown, followed by Networking Status.
3. The Networking Status page lists all networks, their devices, and any unregistered devices. Click Add Device to navigate to the Datto Networking Portal.
4. Click All Networks.
Adding a network group
1. Click the Create a new network button.
2. Enter a Name for your network group.
3. Click Create.
Adding a network
1. Click the Create Network button.
2. Complete the following fields:
- Network name: Enter a name for your network.
- Network Group: Select a network group that your network will associate with.
- Location: Enter the physical location of your network. If you don't have the full address, enter the zip code (US) or city and country.
- Application Reporting: Set whether the Application Reporting function is enabled by default on this network, which will provide more in-depth reporting on the sort of traffic on your network.
- What type of network is this?: Select a network type that aligns with its usage and location. This ranges from a school, a hotel, and more.
- Clone Network?: If you wish to carry over your network settings from an already existing network under the same account, you can choose to clone that networks' settings here.
3. Click Create.