This article describes the general settings available in the Datto Networking Portal.
- Datto Networking
The General Settings page controls network-wide settings, such as the network name and location. You can also configure alerts and change the administrator's password.
1. Navigate to a web session for your network.
2. Click the Configure drop-down, then click General.
The following information and options are available in the Network section:
- Network ID: Displays the ID assigned to a network. You cannot modify this.
- Network name: Allows you to enter a name for a network. When signing into the Datto Networking Portal, you can also use the network name as your login.
- Location: Allows you to enter the physical location of a network. When adding access points, the process will use the location defined here.
- Time Zone: Allows you to select the timezone of a network. This affects the time ranges in graphs throughout the Datto Networking Portal.
- Notes: Allows you to enter a brief summary of a network. Enter any description you see fit.
You can configure alerts that inform email recipients of certain critical events, such as a device switching to LTE failover, or an access point shutting down. For more information, read our Datto Networking: Alerts article.