This article describes how to add Datto Access Points into a network by using the Datto Networking Portal.
- Datto Access Points
Adding Datto Access Points to a network will allow you to manage and monitor them from anywhere by using the Datto Networking Portal.
Navigating to the Access Points page
In the navigation menu, click Access Points.
There are three options for adding access points to your network. Click Add New to add an access point by using the map view, or click Bulk Add to add multiple access points at once:
Add access point on the map
This process will display the Map view of the Access Points page, along with a prompt for adding your access point. The map will center on your network's configured location. Use the + and - buttons to zoom in and out. Click any place on the map to change the access point's latitude and longitude.
Fill in the following information to add an access point:
- Name: Enter a name for an access point.
- MAC address: Enter the MAC address of an access point.
- Description: Enter a brief description of the access point. You can add information such as its location in an office, or anything unique to the device.
- Latitude: Datto automatically calculates the latitude of your access point based on your network's location. You can also manually enter the latitude.
- Longitude: Datto automatically calculates the longitude of your access point based on your network's location. You can also manually enter the longitude.
Click Add and repeat the process for each additional access point.
Bulk add access points via MAC
You can add multiple access points at once by clicking Bulk add access points via MAC, and entering their MAC addresses in the MAC addresses field. Enter a new line to separate each MAC address. Click Create to add your access points.
Bulk add access points via CSV upload
You can also bulk add access points using a CSV file by clicking Bulk add access points via CSV. Click Download sample to view a preformatted file, and enter values for your access points' MAC addresses, location, etc. Select Choose File to browse for your CSV file, and click Create to upload it.