This article describes the advanced settings available for Datto access points.
- Datto Access Points
All access points in a network share the same settings configured in the Advanced page, and range from defining alternate DNS servers, configuring the Presence API, and more.
1. Navigate to a device web session for your network.
2. Click the Configure drop-down, then click Advanced.
You can configure the following options and settings in the Advanced page:
- Root Password: This option allows you to set a password for root level access to the device.
- AP Mesh: This option allows you to disable mesh functionality between access points.
- Mesh Encryption: This option encrypts all mesh traffic with WPA2 protection, and prevents access points not included in the network from joining the mesh.
- Alternate DNS: This option allows you to enter an alternate DNS server IP address for your network.
- Custom.sh Server: This option allows you to enter a URL of a custom.sh script that will deploy across all access points in a network.
The Presence Reporting feature delivers real-time presence data from Datto Networking access points to customers, enabling applications like presence analytics, CRM tools, and custom software. For more information, read our Presence Reporting API article.
By configuring the Syslog Server feature, Datto Networking can send access point system log messages to a log concentrator server. You can enter the following information when configuring this feature:
- Primary IP Address: Enter the primary IP address of a log concentrator server.
- Primary Port: Enter the port used in communicating to a log concentrator server.
- Backup IP Address: Enter the IP address of a backup log concentrator server.
- Backup Port: Enter the backup port used in communicating to a log concentrator server.
- Status LED(s): When disabled, this option disables the main status LED(s) on all access points in a network.
- Bridge wired clients: This option allows you to select an SSID that all wired clients will use for configuration. To configure an SSID, read our article on SSID Settings.
- Application Reporting (DPI): Enable this option to display granular application reporting data in the Networking Overview page of the Datto Networking Portal. Disabling Application Reporting may improve WiFi performance when using access points.
- IGMP Proxy: Enable this option to allow multicast traffic to transfer over the LAN. Disable it to block multicast traffic from transferring over the LAN.
- Roaming VLANs: This option provides seamless roaming to all SSIDs not bridged to the LAN. Roaming VLANs requires a switch configured to use Datto Networking's dedicated VLAN IDs. For more information, read our article on How to Configure Switches for Seamless Roaming.
- Delete Network: Select the Delete Network button to delete this network from the Datto Networking Portal.