This article describes the advanced settings available for Datto access points in Datto Network Manager.
- Datto Network Manager
- Datto Access Points
All access points in a network share the same settings configured on the Advanced page.
Navigating to Advanced settings
In the Navigation menu, click Access Points, then select Advanced from the expanded options.
You can configure the following options and settings in the Advanced page:
- Root Password: Lets you set a password for root-level access to the device
- AP Mesh: Lets you disable mesh functionality between access points
- Mesh Encryption: Encrypts all mesh traffic with WPA2 protection, and prevents access points not included in the network from joining the mesh
- Alternate DNS: lets you enter an alternative DNS server IP address for your network
- Custom.sh Server: allows you to enter the URL of a custom.sh script that will deploy across all access points in a network
The Presence Reporting feature delivers real-time presence data from Datto Access Points to customers, enabling applications such as presence analytics, CRM tools, and custom software. For more information, read the Presence Reporting API article.
If you configure the Syslog Server feature, Datto Networking can send system log messages from access points to a log concentrator server. You can enter the following information when configuring this feature:
- Primary IP Address: The primary IP address of a log concentrator server
- Primary Port: The port used to communicate with a log concentrator server
- Backup IP Address: The IP address of a backup log concentrator server
- Backup Port: The backup port used in communicating to a log concentrator server
- Status LED(s): When disabled, this option disables the main status LEDs on all access points in a network.
- Bridge wired clients: This option lets you select an SSID that all wired clients will use for configuration. To configure an SSID, read our article on SSID Settings.
- Application Reporting (DPI): Enable this option to display granular application reporting data in the Networking Overview page of the Network Manager. Disabling Application Reporting may improve WiFi performance when using access points.
- IGMP Proxy: Enable this option to allow multicast traffic to transfer over the LAN. Disable this feature to block multicast traffic from transferring over the LAN.
- Roaming VLANs: This option provides seamless roaming to all SSIDs, not bridged to the LAN. Roaming VLANs require a switch configured to use Datto Networking's dedicated VLAN IDs. For more information, read our article on How to Configure Switches for Seamless Roaming.
- Delete Network: Click the Delete Network button to delete this network from the Datto Networking Portal.