StorageCraft Recovery Environment: USB mouse and keyboard issues with Dell servers
- StorageCraft Recovery Environment Builder
- Dell server models (R330, T330, R230, T130)
When using the StorageCraft Recovery Environment on certain Dell server models, the USB mouse and keyboard fail, and there is no option to switch USB mode in the BIOS.
These servers lack the necessary USB 3.0 drivers.
Download and install the Windows 10 (version 1607) ADK on the machine you will be using to build the ISO, instead of the Windows 8 ADK.
1. Download and install the Windows 10 v.1607 ADK using the default installation options. Make a note of the installation directory.
2. Launching the builder and pointing it to the Windows ADK install directory. By default, this directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits**10**\Assessment and Deployment Kit\.
3. Configure the builder as desired, then click the Build button.
Creating and Starting the Recovery Environment (external link)