This article explains how to set up two-factor authentication for Datto SaaS Protection, Datto Partner Portal, Datto RMM, and Backupify Direct users.
- Datto Partner Portal
- Datto SaaS Protection
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite and Office 365
- Datto RMM
- Datto Workplace and File Protection
You must set up two-factor authentication (2FA) with your application to access your account. If you haven't already done so, the Partner Portal or the Backupify login page will prompt you to enable two-factor authentication at your next login.
- Why two-factor authentication?
- Enable two-factor authentication
- Download and install the Duo app
- Changing your information
- Enabling 2FA for all users
Why two-factor authentication?
To learn more about two-factor authentication, see What is two-factor authentication (2FA)? (external link).
Conventional password protection offers a single layer of security. Passwords are vulnerable to divulgence through human error and defeat through increasingly sophisticated forms of automated attack.
Two-factor authentication provides additional security. After entering your password, the authentication software contacts you via trusted means, such as your mobile phone number, and requests additional verification. This extra protection dramatically reduces the success rate for malicious access attempts.
Enable two-factor authentication
1. Navigate to your Partner Portal or Backupify login page, enter your account credentials, then click the LOG IN button.
- For Datto partners, including SaaS Protection users, navigate to the Partner Portal login page.
- For Backupify Direct users, navigate to the Backupify login page.
2. Click Third Party Authenticator App, then click the Enable 2FA button.
3. Open your authenticator app and scan the QR code to complete the setup.
For additional information, see How do I set up an external authenticator app for the Datto Partner Portal?
Download and install the Duo app
Datto supports Duo as its native two-factor authentication app. See Setting up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) with Duo for more information.
Changing your information
You can change employee names or phone numbers used for 2FA with partner accounts from the Partner Portal user settings page.
Logging in on trusted networks
If you log in from an IP address that your Partner Portal admin has whitelisted as a trusted network, you will only receive the authentication prompt every three weeks instead of being prompted on each login.
- What is two-factor authentication? (external link)
- How do I set up an external authenticator app in the Datto Partner Portal?
- Datto Partner Portal: Setting up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) with Duo
- How do I edit my employees’ phone numbers in the Partner Portal for two-factor authentication?
- How do I change my user settings in the Datto Partner Portal?
- Datto Partner Portal: Company settings
- Datto RMM: Announcing Datto RMM's new Single Sign-On (SSO) Experience