This article explains how to set up two-factor authentication for your Partner Portal account.
- Datto Partner Portal
In early 2019, the Datto Partner Portal will require two-factor authentication (2FA) to log in. If you haven't already done so, the Partner Portal will prompt you to enable two-factor authentication for your Partner Portal account at your next login.
Why two-factor authentication?
Conventional password protection offers a single layer of security. Passwords are vulnerable to divulgence through human error and defeat through increasingly sophisticated forms of automated attack.
Two-factor authentication provides additional security. After entering your password, the authentication software contacts you via trusted means, such as your mobile phone number, and requests additional verification. This extra protection dramatically reduces the success rate for malicious access attempts. 2FA will become mandatory for Partner Portal login in the first quarter of 2019.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication on your Datto Partner Portal Account
1. Beginning January 15, when logging into the Datto Partner Portal, you will see a prompt to enable 2FA on your account. Enter your country code and mobile phone number, then click the Enable 2FA button.
2. You will receive a verification code via text message or phone call (depending on whether you entered a mobile phone or landline number). Enter the code in the 2FA Verification modal and click the Submit button. If you need to re-send the token, choose SMS or Phone Call to receive a new token via text message or over the telephone.
After completing these steps, 2FA will be enabled on your Datto Partner Portal account.
Download and install the Authy app
Datto recommends the Authy 2FA app (external link) for logging into the Datto Partner Portal with two-factor authentication. You can download the following versions:
- Mobile app: lets you authenticate via your mobile phone via push notification and/or token. You are only able to authenticate via mobile if cell phone number is used.
- Desktop app: lets you authenticate via desktop app push notification and/or token. You can use the desktop app if you use either your cell phone or mobile phone.
- Chrome extension: lets you authenticate from the Google Chrome browser via push notification and/or token. You can use the desktop app if you use either your cell phone or mobile phone.
- What Is Two-Factor Authentication? (external link)
- How Do I Log Into The Datto Partner Portal Using The Authy Mobile App?
- How Do I Log Into The Datto Partner Portal Using The Authy Desktop App?
- How Do I Log Into The Datto Partner Portal Using The Authy Chrome Extension?