How do I log into the Datto Partner Portal using the Authy Chrome Extension?
- Datto Partner Portal
- Authy Chrome
Setting up the Authy Chrome Extension
The Authy Chrome extension lets you log into the Datto Partner Portal via two-factor authentication (2FA) through your Google Chrome browser session.
1. Navigate to the Authy download page (external link). In the Chrome box, click the black button to download Authy from the Chrome Web Store.
2. Click the Add to Chrome button to install the extension.
Set up the extension
1. Navigate to the Chrome Apps page and click the Authy icon.
2. Type in your mobile or desktop phone number, and then click the Enter button. The setup screen will prompt you to choose one of three verification methods:
- Call will display your verification code, and then call your mobile phone
- SMS will send a verification code via text message to your mobile phone number
- Use Existing Device will verify via the instance of the Authy app already installed on your device
3. Enter the validation code to complete your Authy account setup.
Logging in with 2FA and the Authy Chrome extension
1. Navigate to the Datto Partner Portal and log in with your username and password.
2. The Partner Portal will send a push notification to the Authy Chrome Extension. Click the Approve button to approve the login.
Logging in with a token
If you have any issues getting push notifications through the Authy Chrome extension, you can request a verification token:
1. Open the Authy Chrome extension.
2. Click Tokens to switch to the token screen. The app will display a verification token code. This number will change every 30 seconds.
3. Enter the verification token into the Two-Factor Log In window.
If you are experiencing technical issues with Authy, or if you choose not to use a 2FA app for login, you can get a verification token directly from the Two-Factor Log In window displayed in Figure 8 above:
1. Choose SMS to receive a token via text message, or choose Phone Call to get a token by phone call to a desktop or mobile phone.
2. Enter the received code into the Token field and click the Submit button.