How do I use the Authy Mobile app to log into the Datto Partner Portal?
- Datto Partner Portal
- Authy Mobile
The Authy Mobile app lets you log into the Datto Partner Portal via two-factor authentication (2FA) by using your mobile phone.
Setting up the Authy mobile app
1. Navigate to the Authy download page (external link). From the Mobile box, you can either:
- download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store (depending on the operating system of your mobile device)
- Enter your country code and mobile phone number and click the Submit button to receive an installation link.
Figure 1: Authy mobile app setup (click to enlarge)
2. Open Authy on your mobile phone.
3. Enter your country code and mobile phone number, and then press the OK button. The setup screen will prompt you to choose one of three verification methods:
- Call will display your verification code, and then call your mobile phone
- SMS will send your verification code via text message to your mobile phone number
- Use Existing Device will verify via the instance of the Authy app already installed on your device
3. You will receive a validation code via text message or phone call, depending on your selection. Enter the validation code to complete your Authy account setup.
Logging in with 2FA and the Authy mobile app
1. Navigate to the Datto Partner Portal and log in with your username and password.
2. You will see a pop-up window requesting an authentication token.
3. On your mobile phone, you will receive a push notification from the Datto Partner Portal.
4. Click Approve to log into the Datto Partner Portal.
Logging in with a token
If you have an issue receiving push notifications through the Authy app you can request a verification token:
1. Open the Authy app on your mobile phone.
2. In the Two-Factor Log In window (displayed in Figure 3 above), enter the verification token displayed in the Authy app. This token will change every 30 seconds.
If you are having issues with Authy, or if you choose not to use a 2FA app for login, you can get a verification token directly from the Two-Factor Log In window displayed in Figure 3 above:
1. Choose SMS to receive a token via text message, or choose Phone Call to get a token by phone call to your mobile phone.
2. Enter the received code in the Token field and click the Submit button.
If you lose your phone, you can continue accessing your Partner Portal account after performing a two-factor authentication reset or resetting your phone number once you have a new one.
- If you have the same phone number as before, you only have to reinstall the Authy app to regain access.
- If your phone number has changed, go to https://www.authy.com/phones/change to reset your number. Click the I don’t have access to my phone button at the bottom of the screen to get started. Once submitted, the process can take up to 72 hours to complete.
- Consider installing Authy on multiple devices that use the same phone number (e.g., iPhone and iPad).
- Getting Started With Two-Factor Authentication in the Datto Partner Portal
- How Do I Log Into the Datto Partner Portal Using the Authy Desktop App?
- How Do I Log Into the Datto Partner Portal Using the Authy Chrome Extension?