How do I edit my employees' Two-Factor Authentication phone numbers in the Datto Partner Portal?
- Datto Partner Portal
Beginning in the first quarter of 2019, all employees of Datto partner companies must use two-factor authentication (2FA) to log into the Datto Partner Portal. Each employee must enable 2FA for his or her own account.
Employee phone number information, which the Datto Partner Portal uses for login verification, is stored in the Manage Employees section. If an employee's phone number changes, the phone number for that employee in the Datto Partner Portal must change to match the new number.
To log into the Datto Partner Portal using two-factor authentication, all employee accounts must have a valid mobile or desktop telephone number on record in the Portal. If an employee's phone number changes, the change must be updated in the Portal by an administrator.
1. In the Datto Partner Portal, click the Admin tab, then select Manage Employees from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the pencil icon for the employee whose phone number you wish to change.
3. In the Edit Employee window, change the number in the Cell Phone Number field, and then click the Save Changes button.
If you lose your phone, you can continue accessing your Partner Portal account after performing a two-factor authentication reset or resetting your phone number once you have a new one.
- If you have the same phone number as before, you only have to reinstall the Authy app to regain access.
- If your phone number has changed, go to https://www.authy.com/phones/change (external link) to reset your number. Click the I don’t have access to my phone button at the bottom of the screen to get started. Once submitted, the process can take up to 72 hours to complete.
- Consider installing Authy on multiple devices that use the same phone number (e.g., iPhone and iPad).