How do I use the Authy Desktop app to log into the Datto Partner Portal?
- Datto Partner Portal
- Authy Desktop
Setting up the Authy desktop app
The Authy desktop app lets you log into the Datto Partner Portal via two-factor authentication (2FA) through a program installed on your computer.
1. Navigate to the Authy download page (external link). In the Desktop box, select your machine's operating system from the drop-down menu, and then click the Download button.
2. Open and install the downloaded file.
Logging in with 2FA and the Authy desktop app
1. In your computer's taskbar, click the Windows icon and type Authy. Click the Authy Desktop app in the menu.
Figure 2: The Start menu (click to enlarge)
2. Navigate to the Datto Partner Portal and log in with your username and password.
The 2FA modal will appear, and the Partner Portal will push a notification to the Authy desktop app.
Figure 4: Authy desktop app screen (click to enlarge)
2. Click the Authy icon in the taskbar, and then click Approve in the Authy window. The Datto Partner Portal will now complete your login.
Logging in with a Token
If you have an issue getting push notifications through the Authy desktop app, you can request a verification token.
1. On the Authy Desktop App screen, and click the Tokens icon in the lower left-hand corner.
2. The Authy desktop app will display a login token. This token will change every 30 seconds.
Figure 7: Authy token (click to enlarge)
3. Enter the token code into the Partner Portal's Two-Factor Log In window.