When you try to use Splashtop to connect to an endpoint, you receive the error message, "Splashtop Error: "Please make sure your computer is on and Splashtop Streamer is running on your computer."
- Datto RMM
To resolve this issue, you must reinstall the MSP Remote Support client that Splashtop uses. You can either use the Splashtop Client Cleanup Tool, or remove the registry keys associated with Splashtop.
Using the Splashtop Client Cleanup Tool
1. Download the Splashtop Client Cleanup Tool.
2. Run the tool and choose to uninstall MSP Remote Support by Splashtop.
3. When the uninstall process completes, initiate a new Splashtop connection to an endpoint. This should reinstall MSP Remote Support.
Deleting the registry keys
Deleting the registry keys described in this section will force Splashtop to reinstall MSP Remote Support upon the next connection attempt. Follow these steps to delete the keys:
1. Open regedit, and delete the following registry keys:
2. Initiate a new Splashtop connection to an endpoint. This should reinstall MSP Remote Support.