This article discusses troubleshooting patch management policy running at the wrong time.
- Datto RMM
Follow these troubleshooting steps if your Datto RMM Policy is running at the wrong time.
Review policy schedule against run time
Make sure another patch management policy is not set to run at that time. Also, ensure the policy's configured behavior matches up to the behavior you are expecting.
Verify AEM installed the patch(es)
Check the Datto RMM service log files to ensure that the patches were installed by Datto RMM and not come from outside of the RMM environment.
Ensure the device’s system time is correct
Patch management policies run based on system time. If the system time of the device is wrong it could be the cause of the issue.
Gather as much of the following information as possible before contacting Datto Technical Support:
- Date and time of issue
- Hostnames of affected policies
- UIDs of affected devices
- Copy and paste error messages (if possible)
- Datto RMM Service Log files (click here to learn how to gather the service log files)
- The patch policy folder (You can find the folder at C:\programdata\centrastage\policy)
- Windows event logs in .evtx format (click here to learn how to gather Windows event logs)
- Windows update logs