This article discusses troubleshooting when patch management policy runs but does not install patches.
- Datto RMM
If you are having patch installation issues when running patch management policy, follow these troubleshooting steps:
Ensure patches are approved
Verify that approved patches are actually ready to install.
Re-run policy and document the results
Re-run the policy if you are able to do so. It will show if the behavior is still occurring. It will also help you isolate it to a certain patch policy run type (automatic vs run now).
If the issue persists, gather as much of the following information as possible before contacting Datto RMM Support:
- UIDs of affected devices
- Names and IDs of affected policies
- Date and time of the issue
- Copy and paste error messages (if applicable)
- Datto RMM Service Log files (click here to learn how to download the log files)
- Windows Event Logs in .evtx format
- WindowsUpdate.log (located at C:\Windows)
- The Patch Policy folder located at (C:\programdata\centrastage\policy)