This article discusses troubleshooting situations in which alert resolutions fail to sync between Datto RMM and the Autotask Integration.
- Datto RMM
- Autotask Integration
Check for integration errors
Some synchronization errors surface in the Datto RMM web portal. Navigate to Setup → Autotask → Sync Exceptions (the radio button in top right-hand corner of the window) or via the URL https://[platform].centrastage.net/csm/autotask/exceptions to view these errors.
(PSA → Datto RMM) Verify extension callout setup
The extension callout within PSA needs setting up before a PSA ticket can update the associated Datto RMM alert. Verify that the extension callout is set up correctly.
(Datto RMM → PSA) Verify the ticket was not reopened by a repeating alert
Depending on your setup, a repeating alert may reopen a PSA ticket.
(Datto RMM → PSA) Make sure the ticket was created by Datto RMM
Only tickets created by Datto RMM will work with round trip synchronization.
If the issue persists, gather as much of the following information as possible before contacting Datto RMM Support:
- The direction in which the sync fails (Autotask PSA → Datto RMM or Datto RMM → Autotask PSA)
- If the failure is RMM → PSA, was the ticket created by Datto RMM?
- If the failure is PSA → RMM, Did the alert create two tickets?
- The UIDs of affected devices
- Copy and paste any error messages