When you export data to Microsoft Excel in CSV format, non-English characters in the document do not display correctly. Other applications, such as Google Sheets or Apple's Numbers display the characters properly.
- Datto RMM
- Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel is unable to properly display UTF-8-compliant CSV files when they contain non-English characters.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- Export the data from Datto RMM in CSV format.
- Open Microsoft Excel with a blank workbook.
- Select the Data tab, and click From Text/CSV.
- Select the CSV file that you exported in Step 1.
- In the import wizard, select the following options:
- File Origin: 65001: Unicode (UTF-8)
- Delimiter: Comma
- Click Load to complete the wizard.