This article provides steps to troubleshoot connectivity issues with the Splashtop Remote Takeover tool in Datto RMM
- Datto RMM
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot issues with Splashtop. If the problem persists, contact Datto RMM Support.
Verify the issue only pertains to Splashtop
Check if other Remote Takeover tools are working (VNC, RDP, Web Remote).
Try another source machine (see if the issue is only related to your local device)
If the first source machine is the only one affected, you know it is isolated to that device.
Try another destination machine
If the destination machine is the only one affected, you know it is isolated to that device.
Uninstall Splashtop, delete registry keys, and re-deploy
If you isolate the issue to a single device (source or destination machine), try the following steps to perform a quick reinstallation:
1. Uninstall all Splashtop related items from your Programs (MSP Remote Support by Splashtop, Splashtop Streamer, and Splashtop Software Updater applications). You can uninstall the applications by navigating to Control Panel → Programs → Programs and Features.
MSP Remote Support by Splashtop will only exist in the source machine (local device)
2. Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and delete the following registry keys:
- \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Splashtop Inc.
- \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Splashtop Inc.
- \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Splashtop Inc.
- \HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Splashtop Inc.
3. Make sure you have deleted the following folders:
- %Program Files (x86)%\Splashtop
4. Attempt a connection to a device (if uninstalled on source machine) using Splashtop. Doing so will perform an automatic installation of the necessary Splashtop applications.
For multiple destination-only devices, you can use the following components:
- Splashtop Uninstaller [PC][MAC]: This script will uninstall Splashtop Streamer from the targeted device(s). Keep in mind that the uninstallation process is not removing the registry keys.
- Pre-install Splashtop Streamer [WIN]: This script will install Splashtop Streamer on the targeted device(s).
Gather necessary information
If the issue continues, gather as much of the following information as possible before contacting Datto RMM Support:
- Hostname(s) and UID(s) of applicable device(s)
- The specific error message (copy and paste the full errors with date/time stamp and surrounding lines)
- Affected operating systems
- Time of issue occurrence
- Datto RMM Service Log files
- Windows Event Logs in .evtx format
- Export of entire registry (if Windows)