This article discusses troubleshooting policy errors when you are running patch management.
- Datto RMM
Use the following troubleshooting steps to resolve patch management policy errors:
Re-run the policy
If possible, re-run the policy. This lets Datto RMM Support see if the behavior is still occurring and isolate it to a certain patch policy run type (automatic vs run now).
Gather as much of the following information as possible before contacting Datto Technical Support:
- Date and time of issue
- Hostnames of affected policies
- UIDs of affected devices
- Did the error occur when downloading or when installing the patch?
- Copy and paste error messages (if possible)
- The patch policy folder (located at C:\programdata\centrastage\policy)
- Datto RMM Service Log files (click here to learn how to gather the service log files)
- Windows event logs in .evtx format (click here to learn how to gather Windows event logs)
- Windows update logs