This article describes the process for restarting the Datto RMM agent.
- Datto RMM
If you experience any performance issues with the Datto RMM Agent, restarting it is a good first troubleshooting step.
Select the operating system of the affected endpoint to continue:
Windows-Based Operating Systems
Users of Windows-based operating systems have two options for restarting the Agent:
System Tray Method
- In the Windows system tray, locate the Datto RMM icon and right-click it.
- Click Restart to restart the Agent and all associated services and processes.
Microsoft Management Console Method
- Launch the Microsoft Management Console by navigating to Start → Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Services.
- You can also open the Management Console from the Run prompt by entering services.msc in the Open box and clicking OK.
- Locate the service called Datto RMM.
- Right-click the service's name and select Restart.
macOS-Based Operating Systems
- Click the Datto RMM Agent in the menu bar.
- Click Restart Agent.
Linux-Based Operating Systems
The Linux version of the Datto RMM Agent has no user interface. To restart the service, from a shell session, run any one of the following commands:
sudo service cag restart
sudo systemctl restart cag
sudo sh /opt/CentraStage/restart_cag