This article discusses troubleshooting issues with patch management policy approval.
- Datto RMM
If patch management policy approval is incorrect, follow these steps to troubleshoot:
Review patches against policy settings
Check if the patches truly do not meet the criteria within the policy.
Re-audit device (patch approvals refresh upon audit)
When you apply or change a patch management policy, the associated approval list does not update until the next device audit.
Check for other patch management policies applied to the devices
Make sure you are not targeting the device with multiple policies using different approval criteria.
Gather as much of the following information as possible before contacting Datto RMM Support:
- Note the hostnames and UIDs of the devices involved
- Note the Names and IDs of affected policies
- Date and time the issue occurred
- Copy and paste error messages (if possible)
- Describe the expected result vs. the actual result
- Datto RMM Service Log files (click here to learn how to gather the log files)
- Windows Update logs (in .evtx format)
- The device's Audit Data file (Found at C:\programdata\centrastage\Auditsnapshot.XML)