When you attempt to deploy and view a device running macOS 10.14 on the Time Machine Monitor, it always reports that, "Time Machine has not yet performed a backup on this machine."
- Datto RMM
- macOS 10.14
macOS 10.14 requires that the Terminal has Full Disk Access in the operating system's Security & Privacy settings. You can verify it has access by running the following command in Terminal:
A device that does not have Terminal configured for Full Disk Access will display the following after running the command:
The operation could not be completed because tmutil could not access private application data on the backup disk. Use the Privacy tab in the Security and Privacy preference pane to add Terminal to the list of applications which can access Application Data.
To configure Terminal, follow the steps below:
1. In macOS, open System Preferences.
2. Select Security & Privacy.
3. Select the Privacy tab.
4. Select the padlock icon to edit settings in the Privacy tab.
5. Select Full Disk Access in the left pane and add Terminal to the list of applications.
6. Exit out of all windows and verify that the Time Machine Monitor populates with backup information.