When attempting to connect to a device via Splashtop in Datto RMM, you receive the error, "Unexpected non-fatal error: No application is associated with the specified file for this operation."
- Datto RMM
1. The local device does not have MSP Remote Support for Splashtop installed, or the Splashtop installation is corrupt.
2. The remote device lacks necessary registry key values to function with Splashtop, which generates the following error in C:\Program Files (x86)\CentraStage\log.txt:
INFO (Relay-22) - Error processing 'splashtop' relay request System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): No application is associated with the specified file for this operation
Local device registry edits
1. Add the following registry keys and values to the Windows registry on the endpoint:
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Splashtop\\Splashtop Remote\\MSP Remote Support by Splashtop\\clientoobe.exe"
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Splashtop\\Splashtop Remote\\MSP Remote Support by Splashtop\\clientoobe.exe -a %1"
Uninstall & Reinstall the Splashtop Client
1a. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\CentraStage\SplashtopClient and open Splashtop_Client.exe.
1b. If this folder is missing, navigate to the following registry in regedit:
Look for a file similar to C:\WINDOWS\Installer\5c84181.msi, and open it. The actual file name will vary, but will always end in .msi.
2. Select Uninstall, and follow all subsequent uninstallation prompts.
3. Connect to a device by using the Datto RMM Agent Browser to trigger the Splashtop Client reinstall process.
Remote device registry edits
1. "Add the following registry keys and values to the Windows registry on the remote device:
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Splashtop\\Splashtop Remote\\Server\\SRServer"
@="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Splashtop\\Splashtop Remote\\Server\\SRUtility.exe -a %1"