This article discusses troubleshooting incorrect patch management policy post-run behavior.
- Datto RMM
If patch management policy post-run behavior is incorrect, follow these troubleshooting steps:
Review expected behavior against policy settings
Ensure the policy is properly set to behave as you expect.
Verify the patches were installed through Datto RMM.
Occasionally, updates are installed outside of Datto RMM due to misconfiguration. Make sure these patches were installed by Datto RMM by viewing the Datto RMM service log files.
Gather as much of the following information as possible before contacting Datto RMM Support:
- UIDs of affected devices
- Names and IDs of affected policies
- The date and time of the issue
- Copy and paste error messages (if applicable)
- Datto RMM Service Log files (Click here for help gathering the Service Log files)
- Windows Event Logs in .evtx format
- Windows Update log
- Patch Policy folder (located at C:\programdata\centrastage\policy)