Backups taken with the Datto Windows Agent fail with the error, "Backup failed because of a problem with making a backup request to the agent."
- Datto ALTO
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto Windows Agent
The Datto device could reach the Datto Windows Agent, but the backup job did not run because the Agent reported an error back to the device.
This error is often a result of VSS writer errors on the protected machine. VSS writer errors are Windows errors not caused by the Datto device.
If you have ruled out Windows VSS writer errors as the cause, you should take the following steps:
- Ensure that the Datto Windows Agent (DWA) application is running with system administrator privileges.
- Verify that the Datto services are being run as a system administrator.
- Make sure the system meets available memory and disk space requirements.
- Ensure that the paging file is appropriately sized (external link).
- Verify the system is healthy, and that the CPU is not overloaded.