When you try to start a backup for a system protected by the Datto Windows Agent, you receive the error message, "BK102: "Backup failed due to a problem establishing secure connections with the agent."
- Datto ALTO
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto Windows Agent
The Datto appliance attempted to contact the agent on the protected machine, but it received a response of, "Error 401 (unauthorized)."
- Ensure the protected machine is powered up and online.
- Make sure you have correctly installed the Datto Windows Agent.
- Ensure the Datto Windows Agent is running the latest version of the agent software.
- Open a run window and type services.msc. Ensure the appropriate agent services are running on the protected machine:
- Datto Backup Agent Service
- Datto Provider
- Restart the Datto Backup Agent Service.
- Repair agent communications.
- Installing the Datto Windows Agent
- Datto Windows Agent (DWA): Software Release Notes (2/2017 - Present)