The article provides instructions for manually flashing the firmware on your Datto Switch.
- Datto Switches
Manually flashing firmware on the switches is more complex than flashing a Datto Access Point or a Datto Router.
If your switch can check in with our monitoring servers, it is simpler to have it upgrade via Datto Networking cloud management instead.
You should only consider performing this process as a last resort. It involves multiple manual steps, and you'll also need to know the switch's IP address and have the ability to set up a TFTP server on your local network.
Allocate sufficient time to complete the process from start to finish. When you're ready to get started, proceed to the next section of this article.
Switch Manual Flashing Steps
- Locate the switch's IP address via Datto Networking cloud management. You can also find the address in your router's DHCP lease list or by doing a ping scan on the local network.
- Install and configure a TFTP server.
- If there is a firewall between your TFTP server and switch, allow TFTP traffic through the firewall on UDP port 69.
- From the list below, download the firmware .bix file for your switch to the target directory on your TFTP server.
OMS24 / E24
OMS48 / E48
OMS8 / E8
S24-L / L24
S24v3 / E24
S8-L / L8
- Remote into the switch via SSH.
- The appliance will prompt you to log in. Contact Datto Technical Support if you do not have the switch's login credentials. If you do have the correct username and password, you cannot log in, hold the switch's reset button down for 15 seconds, wait for the unit to reboot, and try again.
- Once you are logged into the switch, run the following command:
copy tftp://<tftp server>/<firmware.bix> flash://image1
- Say Yes when asked to continue.
- Say No when asked to reboot.
- Run the following commands:
configure boot system image1 end save reboot
- The switch should reboot and check-in with the new firmware.