When you attempt a backup job for a machine protected by the Datto Mac Agent, you receive the error message, "Backup failed due to a problem establishing secure communications with the agent."
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto Mac Agent
- The Datto appliance failed to communicate with the protected machine over TCP port 25569.
- The Datto appliance attempted to send a backup request to the Datto Mac Agent, but it received an "Error 401 (Bad Request)" response.
1. Verify the Datto device can reach the protected machine over your network, and ensure it can communicate to the machine over TCP port 25569.
2. Make sure the Datto Mac Agent is properly installed on the protected machine, and that the agent icon in the dock is green.
3. Reboot the protected machine.
4. Reinstall the Datto Mac Agent.