This article describes the process to upgrade the Datto Windows Agent software on a protected system to Version 2.1 from an earlier version.
This article assumes that you have already installed a previous version of the Datto Windows Agent software on your protected machine. If you have not done so, follow the process described in Installing the Datto Windows Agent.
- Datto Windows Agent Version 2.1
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008 and above
This process will require administrator-level access to, and a reboot of, the protected machine to complete. Datto recommends scheduling a maintenance window and planned downtime for the production system before proceeding.
Version 2.1 of the Datto Windows Agent requires Windows Server 2008 or newer. The agent installer will automatically audit the operating system version of your protected machine. If it detects the presence of a legacy operating system, it will install the latest version of Datto Windows Agent 2.0 instead of the Datto Windows Agent 2.1 software.
1. Follow the procedure described in Installing The Datto Windows Agent to download and install Version 2.1 of the Datto Windows Agent software. You do not need to remove your previous version of the Datto Windows Agent software to complete this process.
2. If your production machine has pending Windows updates, the agent software installer will prompt you to perform a reboot before the installation can proceed. If you see this prompt, reboot the target hardware, and launch the install again.
3. Install the agent software.
4. When the agent install completes, reboot the protected machine. If you do not reboot the protected machine, the Datto Windows Agent cannot finish its driver install.
5. After you reboot the production machine, repair agent communications with your Datto appliance to begin taking backups.