How do I manually flash the firmware on a Datto Networking D200 router?
- Datto Networking D200 router
This article discusses the procedure for flashing the D200 router's firmware, an important step to prepare a new unit for installation and troubleshoot problem states. Use this article to download the necessary flash utilities and walk through the flashing process.
- Download and install WinPCap (external link). You do not need to do so if you are using Linux.
- Download the version 1.3.2 flash utility for Windows or Linux.
- Connect the machine to which you downloaded the flash utility to the D200 router's WAN port.
- Open a Windows command prompt window and navigate to the flash utility's directory.
- Run the utility with no options selected. The utility will show a list of PC network interfaces. Find the appropriate Ethernet interface and note its option number.
- Rerun the utility with the option number of your Ethernet interface selected.
If the flashing process does not begin immediately, power cycle the router to force the process.