This article lists common dashboard flags and their meanings.
- Datto Network Manager
From time to time the dashboard displays flags sent by firmware-ng to inform about an event or a status that should be dealt with. The flags can be found on the network status page -> More node details -> beneath "uptime". If you don't see any flags there firmware-ng isn't reporting anything out of the ordinary which should be true in most cases.
The flags bear the following meaning:
- 0x0001 - cannot resolve default dashboard host name via DNS: firmware-ng will use the fallback IP instead.
- 0x0002 - cannot resolve alternate dashboard host name via DNS: firmware-ng will try to use the fallback IP instead or the default dashboard if that fails.
- 0x0003 - default and alternate dashboard hostname cannot be resolved (0x0001 + 0x0002)
- 0x0004 - decryption key missing: The node is lacking the cryptographic key to decrypt the dashboard reply.
- 0x0008 - captive portal missing: The configured captive portal could not be installed.
- 0x0010 - decryption key invalid: The node's key to decrypt the dashboard reply is invalid.
- 0x0020 - check-in after lonely mode: At the first check-in after a lonely mode run this flag will be set.
- 0x0040 - dashboard check-in timeout: The node's check-in timed out while connecting to the dashboard.
- 0x0080 - alternate dashboard 404 error: The configured alternate dashboard URL returned an HTTP 404 on check-in.
- 0x0100 - alternate dashboard check-in timeout: The node's check-in timed out while connecting to the alternate dashboard.
- 0x0200 - Roaming VLANs have been disabled. A common reason is that a loop was detected on the LAN.
- 0x0400 - cloud-ap API key/secret missing or wrong: The node is lacking the key/secret to sign the cloud-ap API requests.