This article describes how to enable and configure jumbo frames on a Open Mesh Switch.
- Open Mesh Switches
Ethernet frames, as specified by the IEEE 802.3 standard, transmit a Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) of 1500 bytes. Jumbo Frames support an MTU of up to 9216 bytes.
1. Navigate to Manage -> Switches, and select a switch.
2. Click on Switch Settings.
Figure 1: Switch Settings
3. Click on the Jumbo Frames dropdown to reveal settings, and click the Enable checkbox to interact with them.
Figure 2: Enabling the setting
4. Set an Ethernet MTU Size. This can be up to 9216 MTUs.
Figure 3: Ethernet MTU Size
5. Hit Save Switch Settings.