This article describes how to enable and configure jumbo frames on an Open Mesh Switch.
- Open Mesh Switches
Ethernet frames, as specified by the IEEE 802.3 standard, transmit a Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) of 1500 bytes. Jumbo Frames support an MTU of up to 9216 bytes.
1. Navigate to Manage -> Switches, and select a switch.
2. Click on Switch Settings.
Figure 1: Switch Settings (click to enlarge)
3. Scroll down to the Jumbo Frames card to reveal settings and click the Enable checkbox to interact with them.
4. Set an Ethernet MTU Size. This can be up to 9216 MTUs.
5. Scroll to the bottom and click the Save Switch Settings button to commit the changes.