This article describes how to add an Open Mesh Switch to CloudTrax.
- Open Mesh Switches
Any Open Mesh Switch can be added to a network you manage. You will need the MAC Address of the switch when adding it.
1. In the Manage dropdown, click Switches, then click the Add Switch button.
Figure 1: Switches (click to enlarge)
2. You will be directed to the Add Switch page. From here, you can either add a single switch or add switches in bulk.
Adding a single switch
1. Input the Name, MAC Address, and a brief Description for your switch as seen in Figure 3.
Figure 2: Add Single Switch (click to enlarge)
2. Choose from one of three initial settings to apply to your switch:
- Use Default Settings: This option applies the default settings for a switch.
- Apply Settings From Template: This option applies settings as defined in a template previously configured on the switch. For more information on templates, see this article.
- Copy Settings From Existing Switch: This option copies a setting from a previously added switch in your network.
3. Click Add Switch.
Bulk adding switches
You also have the option to bulk add multiple switches. The following steps will guide you on adding multiple switches using a CSV file:
1. Create a CSV file. This should contain three columns:
- MAC: This column is for entering the MAC address of each switch.
- Model: This column is for entering the model of each switch.
- Name: This column is for entering the name of each switch.
A sample CSV file containing the three columns described above can be generated from the Add Switch page by clicking Download sample CSV.
2. Click Browse to upload your CSV file.
3. Click Bulk Add.