How do I manually re-flash my G200 Router?
- Open Mesh G200 Router
Re-flashing the router's firmware is both a convenient method to prepare a new unit for installation and a reliable troubleshooting step in resolving problem states.
- For Windows machines, download and install WinPCap (external link). WinPCap is not required if using Linux.
- Download the [1.3.0] flash utility for Windows or Linux.
- Connect the machine with the flash utility to the router's WAN port.
- Open a Windows Command Prompt window and move the utility to the flash utilities directory.
- Run the utility with no options specified to see a list of PC network interfaces.
- Rerun the utility, specifying the number of your Ethernet interface.
- If the flash utility does not do anything right away, power cycle the router.
Once the router comes back up after a re-flash, its LED should flash yellow and ask to be re-paired in CloudTrax as the final step in the re-flash process.
Note: The message, "is of type 'redboot' that we have no image for" is common and can be ignored.