If you have a wireless client with a Broadcom wireless network card that will not connect to an OM2P-HS, this may be a driver related problem. Broadcom has released a new driver to fix this issue; however the fixed driver may not be automatically selected as "compatible" by Windows so the driver must be updated manually.
To fix this issue, follow the instructions below for WINDOWS 8.1 devices and the Broadcom bcm94313hmg2l driver.
- Right click on the Windows tile on the bottom left of the taskbar.
- Open 'Device Manager'
- Expand 'Network adapters'
- Right click on your 'Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter'
- 'Update Driver Software'
- 'Browse my computer for driver software'
- 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
- Un-check 'Show compatible hardware'
- Scroll down on the 'Manufacturer' panel to 'Broadcom' and select it
- Scroll down on the 'Network Adapter:' and find ‘Broadcom 802.11 Multiband Network Adapter'
- Select it, and click 'Next'
- Say yes to the 'Update Driver Warning'
- Close. You should now be able to connect.
Please keep in mind that this particular driver problem will only cause issues when connecting to the OM2P-HS device.